Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yakult: A Happy Tummy



   Disclaimer: Photo taken from Someone's Tumblr.

This morning isn't just as good, since I'm not a morning person - at all (unless I have plans scheduled). I normally wake up in the afternoon and I sleep pretty late, which was the case last night (already morning). And more often than not, when I don't get enough sleep, I end up having an upset & cranky stomach. 

Also, when I was younger - 7-8 years old, I've had history of series of hospitalizations caused by stomach problems, which doctors couldn't diagnose well. The medications which cured my pain were anti-ulcer drugs, however I had no signs of ulcer & no way I skipped meals, but they couldn't properly explore my tummy since I was just a kid. I would then be discharged with prescriptions of: high fiber intake: green leafy vegetables, oatmeal, cereals w/ high fiber, etc. Plus a threat (threat from the parents of course) of having a tube w/ a camera (probe), inserted through my throat down my stomach - which was of course horrifying for children (fear of body mutilation). I've figured during my nursing days, that it's a form of an explorative procedure to rule out diseases & find a proper diagnosis. So, being the scared child I am, I forced myself to have a daily oatmeal breakfast - long enough to make me hate oatmeal until now. The green leafy vegetables became a part of my regular meal - but this part I appreciate today, but hated before. And Yakult also did the trick.

I never had an episode of stomach problems anymore since then. We also made sure we had bottles of Yakult stored in our refrigerator and it became a normal item of our grocery list since forever. I strongly believe that Yakult does its wonders. Well my family does too:) Because whenever we get an upset tummy, all we do is drink a bottle or 2 of Yakult. Then good bye tummy ache:) Never have we drank medications to cure stomach problems. Just a bottle or 2 of Yakult will do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment